Introductions: tell us about yourself

Jon, welcome to the group and great to have you. Very cool on cognitive neuroscience and your interest in data science. I don’t know if you already know python/R but I’ve been playing with this open source tool and it’s been a neat way to wade into data analysis projects using a visual IDE as a non-programmer.

BTW there’s a project which is not yet loaded on the project page that we started at the last hackathon (you can read about it here) which might appeal to you given your cause affinities and skill set. The idea is to create an app that can allow you to challenge yourself and friends to become greener in your transportation habits. There was some discussion on it in the Discord here but has been essentially no activity since our last event. I still need to load it in the queue as a project.

Anyways great to have you and if you ever want to grab coffee I’m local in Lisbon as well. Saw you joined the Meetup so you’ll get notified on future Lisbon events. Looking forward to working with you. cheers