Introductions: tell us about yourself

Maura, great to have you here. “Amplifying your do-gooderness” is what this project is all about. The idea is to get all the problems and solvers under one roof then identify the highest-leverage projects that will deliver max impact per unit of effort then coordinate participants so they can best lend their unique skills to help. If we make this low-friction, high-reward and clear enough how one’s contribution traces directly to impact then this inevitably becomes a movement with ability for participants to engage at whatever level they want. cheers

• What is your name?

Sandra or Sandy is ok :slight_smile:

• Where are you from and where do you live now?

I’m from Amarillo, TX. Currently living in Guadalajara, MX.

• What do you do professionally?

I’ve done customer service, technical support, business analysis, and currently I’m doing consulting for SaaS applications

• What types of causes do you value most?

Quality education, access to healthcare, the use of technology for the improvement of political and social progress

• What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?

I’m looking to meet other like-minded people, and to be part of a project which I’ve seen has been a lot of impact to communities out there, hopefully someday bring this to local regions in need here in Mexico.

1 Like

Where are you from and where do you live now?

I moved from São Paulo, Brazil to Lisbon around one and a half years ago.

What do you do professionally?

I’m the lead for the Lisbon’s development team for a large Dutch energy company.

What types of causes do you value most?

Social equality. I believe the pinnacle of social evolution is an egalitarian society.

What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?

I’d like to contribute with my experience as a software engineer while connecting with like-minded people. I’m looking forward to give life to amazing projects.

Cheers.

1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Abdelmalek Boughris

Porto, Portugal

Full stack web developer

• What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
    As a curious person I’ve always heard about hackathons and this time I had decided to take a step forward and to do one and my goal is to step up and learn from the project and from the people I will meet there

1 Like
  • What is your name?
    My name is Fernando Santos

I am Brazilian living in Portugal for the past 5 years

I am a Business Data Analyst

Nothing is more important than social matters walking side-by-side with the constant population growth for me. To find a balance between sustainability, quality of life and economical development is one of the biggest challenges of the century and just the possibility to be part of it makes me feel outstanding.

1 Like

What is your name?

Marcel Juenemann

Where are you from and where do you live now?

I’m from Germany, been living in London since 2014. I’ve been nomading for the last two years and currently trying out Lisbon as more of a “second base” besides London.

What do you do professionally?

Previously I worked at Google for 7 years as Software Engineer and Engineering Manager. I consider myself semi-retired now and looking for more opportunities to use my time and skills for positive impact. Got lots of ideas for things I wanna do and try out (not necessarily in tech, also lots of personal development, coaching, that kind of thing), but then mostly procrastinate on those :smiley:

There’s a very wide variety of causes that I find worthwhile. I do find that the root cause to most of them is a lack of empathy and emotional intelligence in the world, which seems irrational given that there’s so much evidence in positive psychology now that it actually leads to a happier life to be more compassionate, rather than focus on attaining money or status. So I’m certainly interested in anything that spreads emotional intelligence & compassion and anything that helps people actually live happier lives.

What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?

I heard about this community and the hackathon at the GlobalForum last week. I’m very much looking for communities of people with similar values to exchange ideas and opportunities and motivate each other to take action for making the world a better place :slight_smile:

1 Like

@marcel very cool.

You’re all set and approved for the fixathon. Looking forward to meeting you on Dec 3rd.

Agree BTW re: root causes tracing back to lack of empathy and EQ. I did this talk awhile back and traced it to apathy and mediocrity but essentially came to same conclusion as you:

• What is your name?
    R: Jennica Zameia.

R: I am from Mozambique and now I live in Portugal.

R: I work as a Community associate, specifically I work with marketing and Administration.

R: Mental health, Climate change, Society.

R: I would like to help and gain experience and I hope to create good solutions together for the challenges.

1 Like

Hi there!

• What is your name?
    Sara

I’m from Slovenia and currently live in Lisbon, Portugal.

I work as a Business Development Manager at a start up in digital analytics. I’ve worked at another start up in electric mobility for 5 years, an awesome experience really. I’m also an aspiring entrepreneur and working on my MVP.

Access to education, sustainable transport, renewable energy, emancipation of immigrants, reducing poverty through digitalisation and access to internet.

MeetUp app. I hope to learn about the process of idea conception to MVP creation. I also worked in the past in an industry aiming to bring about more sustainable transport and include more renewable sources of energy into the electrical grid and absolutely loved being a part of it and met the most amazing and progressive people. I hope to be a part of something great here as well!

1 Like

[quote=“sean, post:1, topic:21”]
"* What is your name?
Alexandra Gkoupideni (for the correct pronunciation of this you will have to meet me in person)

I am from Greece, been moving around Europe (NL, LU;FR, DE) the last 9 years , currently live in Peniche, Portugal
    I work in finance , as in a centralised crypto exchange as a product manager. I am a lawyer though so currently navigating into what i can bring into web3 that also moves me.
    Environmental, educational, equality, empowerment. The 4Es :slight_smile:
    long time now thinking about being involved in a volunteer programme, i have a wide skillset, drifting in and out of financial roles the last years but looking for another kind of motivation and also to put my skills into sth more meaningful." /quote]
1 Like

Hi everyone!

Glad to be here and be a part of the hackaton :handshake::grinning:

• What is your name? Enes
    Grew up in Belgium, living in Lisbon for 4 years now
  • What do you do professionally? Help companies build out scalable sales processes
  • What types of causes do you value most? Acces to nutrition, information, immigration
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project? Hoping to make a real change and meet a lot of likeminded people in the process!
1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Betta
    I’m from Montana in the United States and am currently digital nomading.
    I’m doing my Master’s in Cybersecurity online, and am an ethical hacker.
    I care about getting opportunities to learn and grow to people everywhere, especially in disadvantaged and isolated communities.
    It sounds like a really cool format, and I’m always curious to learn about new ways to make change happen.
1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Shushu

Shanghai,China, did half year Erasmus in Brussels 2015, then moved to CT USA in 2016 now half based in Lisbon half USA

Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique Practitioner
    Had background with international trading business and trade finance

Human trafficking, mental health in general and Censorship & Deplatforming

Always want to help to make this world a better place but beside give love to the people around me I don’t know how to reach a bigger scale. Super grateful my friend Sara told me about this although I don’t have any tech background. Do believe I will learn so much from this experience and it’s great to know some other amazing people also care about the issues we have and doing sth to change it.

1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Margarida :slight_smile:

Coimbra and living in Lisbon

Business and Corporate Development in Pharma Industy.
    Owner and manager of 2 startups

Wealth inequallity

[/quote]
    I decided to apply since this is aligned with my willing to volunteer. This time sharing my skills with a project who can benefit from that. I really believe we can change the world starting with ourselves and the ones who surround us. I see in this project that seed.

1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Alexis
    Originally from Paris, France. Live now in Lisbon
    Corporate finance professional in break
    Mental health, sustainable development, gentrification, inequality reduction
    Meeting interesting people and exchange thoughts, I hope to be part of a great project
1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Julia Tomasini
    I’m French, have lived in Brussels, Delhi & London, and have now been in Lisbon for a year
    I’m a coach working mainly with startups, a narrative practitioner working with challenges around lost identity and sense of empowerment, and a facilitator
    Mental health, Equality, Community
    I love Collective Intelligence & Collective Development events!
1 Like

You’re all set Julia! Looking forward to meeting you at the event.

1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Adil
    I was born in Morocco, have lived in a few different countries around the world and I now live in Lisbon
    I’m a software developer
    Wealth inequallity, Climate change
    I would like to get involved in impactful projects, and meet people around these ideas
1 Like

My name ist Alia

I was born and raised in Germany and now I live in Lisbon.
I am currently hired as a “In-House-Designer” for a Start-Up in MedTech located in Germany.

Wealth inequallity, Climate change

An acquaintance invited me to participate. I hope I will meet like-minded people who are not afraid of thinking big and sharing their knowledge. I am curious about the whole event, how it will take place and the outcomes of one day of work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Adil & @Alia You guys are both all set with your respective applications. Thanks for completing the onboarding steps. If you want to earn FIXR credits that can be used for getting swag like t-shirts, you have a single-click way to share your participation in the event to your social networks using this. Anyone who comes through your link and attends will be credited to you and you’ll see those FIXR accrue in your Trades tab. thanks