Introductions: tell us about yourself

• Where are you from and where do you live now?
    I am from the south of Germany and live in Carcavelos now.
  • What do you do professionally?
    I study International Development & Public Policy at Nova SBE. I also work for a travel startup in Germany
  • What types of causes do you value most?
    My heart belongs to the causes of gender equality and quality education.
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
    One of my dear friends from Germany will be visiting and she suggested to attend this event together as it combines our passions - Entrepreneurship and making the world a better place
1 Like

@Rebekka thx for completing the onboarding steps. You’re approved and all set for the event on Apr 15th. You’ll get some instructions as we get closer. In the meantime if you have a proposed project in the gender equality and quality education space, you can nominate it here and get a jump on the event: Problemattic

One question: by chance are you in Paolo’s class at NovaSBE? I was there this morning presenting to his class but I noticed you don’t have his referral code so was just curious how you discovered Problemattic.

@sean No I am not in the class you are mentioning. I have discovered the event through a friend who is part of JCI :slight_smile:

• What is your name?
    Maricarmen Ordonez
    I am originally from Mexico and I live in Lisbon now.
    I work in IT Transformation. Something between strategy and HR
    Helping others in need specially in areas of education and empowerment. Also environmental causes
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
    A friend recommended and I hope to get involved and contribute to find solutions to societal problems that can make the difference in a larger scale.
1 Like

@Maricarmen you’re all set. Thanks for taking time to complete the onboarding steps. Looking forward to meeting you Apr 15th.

• What is your name?
    Halimatu but I also answer to Hali

I’m from the States but I currently live in Lisbon

Software Engineering but my background is in Graphic Design

Safe access to any healthcare, shelter, and food. Diversity and inclusion are also important to me. I just like to help wherever I’m needed, really.

I want to get more involved in the local community and connect with others while also contributing to a project that helps make the world a better place. I was recently inspired by my father and his colleagues who are currently working on a food systems project with the FAO. I want to do work that matters and also build a network.

1 Like

Thanks @halimatu You’re all set for the event. Looking forward to meeting you on this time next month!

1 Like

Hi there,

My Name: Johanna

My Background:
I am originally from Germany and currently live in Nuremburg. In April I’m going to be in Lisbon :slight_smile:
I currently work as a Business Consulting in the Area of Change Management in a very small startup-like consulting firm. Besides this, I have a background in innovation management and workforce transformation. Starting in June, I’m going to work as a Partner Manager in a German Tech Incubator.

My Causes:
I studied Management of Social Innovation, so social causes are close to my heart. I volunteered helping international students and refugees so far. Lately, I joined an international network called JCI (in Germany WJ). I am hoping to be able to create international business partnerships there and create a better understanding among different cultures. If I’d have to pin down which cause I would like to focus on, I’d say access to education, equality, empowerment, sustainable transport and integration of immigrants.

My Motivation & Expectation:
I found the event via a community site from JCI Portugal, loved the event and the timing worked well (I’ll be in Lisbon that weekend). I am hoping to meet new incredible people, contribute with my knowledge and hope we can create a great MVP that’s going to make the world a bit better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Johanna thanks for providing all that context and taking time to complete the onboarding steps. You’re all approved for the event on Apr 15th. Looking forward to meeting you. Lmk if you have any questions

Hello everyone!

My name is André Pires, I am Portuguese, I was born in the west coast and I live in Lisbon.

I am a Product Manager for digital products and have been a Software Engineer and Consultant before.

Causes I identify myself with are sustainability, local goods production and consumption, nature and environment preservation, forestation.

I hope to get involved into the community and give my contribute for global welfare and sustainability.
It’s also nice to be involved on a project that is not revenue driven but rather people-focused :slight_smile:

On my free time I do like to get away from amenities and concrete jungle, and head to camping or contryside and just be connected with nature.

Cheers for having me :wink:

1 Like

@AndreP welcome to the community. I know you came via Eventbrite for the Apr 15th event so I went ahead and started an application for you for that. You can finish the onboarding steps here when you’re ready (takes about 5min total). Let me know if you have any questions and looking forward to meeting you on Apr 15th.

Hey People,

my name is Tim Grabe and I’m studying Impact Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the Nova SBE at the moment. Originally I’m from Hamburg in Germany and did my Bachlors in Munich but for sure have moved to Lisbon for my Masters. As I’m still studying my main profession is that I’m a student, but i could already gain some insights through my internships and working student positions as Digital Strategy Consultant, Auditor, Customer Success Manager and Recruiter.
At university I’m currently pushing forward a project dealing with the topic of responsible food consumption in terms of envirnmental footprint.
The reason why I’m here is the fact that I want to write my Masters thesis about Problemattic and want to participate in the events as a researcher.

1 Like

hey @TimGrabe welcome to the community and thx for telling us about yourself. It’s flattering you want to do your thesis on Problemattic. I’ll DM you my calendar link and we can have a quick chat to discuss. Best if you come to our Apr 15th event and experience it in person as a next step. Looking forward to chatting.

1 Like

What is your name?
Julia

Where are you from and where do you live now?
I am from Germany and am currently living in Lisbon.

What do you do professionally?
I am a student.

What types of causes do you value most?
I am most interested in mental health, gender inequality and climate change.

What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
A course at my uni where Sean attended our presentations lead me and my group to sign up on Problemattic. I am eager to learn about how the world can actually be changed with these small projects and am excited to meet you all.

1 Like

@JuliaR thx for completing the onboarding steps - you’re all set for the event on Apr 15th. I look forward to working with you and your team to help bring your project to life.

What is your name?
Sabin

Where are you from and where do you live now?
From Dubai and now i live in Lisbon

What do you do professionally?
I own 2 companies:
Kokorology - wellness activations, events and tech solutions
Style Alchemists - mixing style and fashion with wellness

What types of causes do you value most?
Making wellness accessible for everyone. Including access to movement, nutrition and healing.

What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
Wellness is the root of all solutions but it gets zero exposure. And i want to find collaborations and intersections to make this happen.

1 Like

thx @SabinL - you’re all set. See you on Apr 15th!

Hi I’m Ginny,
I’m a writer, performer, creative producer and coach.
I empower those who are stuck to move forward in their education and career to make a change to live a more prosperous authentic life with #fearlessness #freedom #fortitude. I am working towards starting an applied theatre improv company building teams through creative expression and empathy in corporate settings.
Currently finishing the first beta stage with QQ&FF comedy improv and as a coach, I work one-to-one online with clients on their academic skills.

1 Like

Ginny, you’re all set for the 15th. See you soon!

Hi all,
My name is Sofi, I’m 29 and living in the greater Lisbon area for about one year now.
I was born in Russia, grew up in Germany and lived in South Africa and Singapore.

I graduated in Psychology, mainly focusing on health and neuropsychology, but also analyzing key drivers and dynamics of social psychology. I worked in big companies, analyzing processes of decision making, as well as in startups, helping entrepreneurs to build a sustainable organization and company culture. At the moment my co-founder and I are dedicating the most of our time to build a tool that promotes awareness, metacognition and sustained performance. Furthermore I am writer, passionate about scientific non fiction and poetry alike.

I’m mostly drawn to causes around mental and physical health, access to education, as well as resistance to accessible information due to several reasons e.g. limited cognitive resources, furthermore passionate about communication, culture, anthropology and sustainability.

I met Sean during a couple of meet ups, where he told me about problematics. I love the idea behind the multi-perspective approach, that in many cases reminds me on how system dynamics tackles problems. I’d love to meet curious people who are driven to make the world around them a better place, by investing their time, passion and energy, by not being afraid to ask unpleasant questions and by challenging the status quo.

1 Like