Introductions: tell us about yourself

Hi everyone!

I am Dorra
I am from Tunisia and I am currently living in Lisbon
I graduated in business management and I am currently finishing my master’s degree in Marketing
I value causes related to Health and Wellbeing, Gender inequalities, No poverty, No hunger, Peace and Justice

1 Like

Hello everyone! Here is a short introduction about myself:

• What is your name?
    Hannah Langenbach
  • Where are you from and where do you live now?
    I am from Bielefeld, Germany but currently live in Lisbon.
  • What do you do professionally?
    I am studying Masters in Management at Nova SBE in Carcavelos.
  • What types of causes do you value most?
    Mental Health and Climate Change.
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
    Many students my age are struggling with emotional or mental health problems. However just a small portion of these people actually seek therapy- due to a big stigma around mental health, insufficient time/ money or prioritisation and many more reasons. We are currently developing an app that makes it more convenient, fast and cheap for students to seek and get support. So I am here to improve my peer’s lives by helping them to cope with their issues and manage their everyday life struggles. Hoping to find some other like-minded people that value the same causes.
1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Ruben Rodrigues

I am from Alcobaça, Leiria, where I am living at the moment. It takes an hour and 20 minutes to get there as it is near Nazaré :slight_smile:

I am a UX designer but I am unemployed at the moment. I am also experienced in filmmaking.

Any cause to be honest.

• What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
    I am interested in helping others, practicing ideation, meeting more people interested in solving problems as well as meeting investors.

1 Like

Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi! My name is Aimée Drouin and I’m excited to join you all here.

I have been living in Lisbon, Portugal for 5 years. I am originally from NYC, and I also lived in Los Angeles prior to moving abroad permanently.

I am an attorney licensed in New York and California, and I work remotely from Lisbon as General Counsel for a Human-Centered UX/UI/Design Firm, Fantasy.co

Several causes, but primarily wealth inequality, LGBTQ+ rights, and climate change.

I am here to pitch a project for the Ideathon/Fixathon. I hope to bring together a team to create a public awareness marketing campaign to demonstrate the economic and ecological benefits of the commercialization of cannabis in Portugal, which I hope to present to the Portuguese Parliament and eventually enact into legislation.

1 Like

Welcome to all the new people!
@AimeeD you’re all set and approved for the 15th.
@sofiwillhauk good to see you on here. Still need to accept the legal waiver to be approved for the event. You can do so here.
@Dora I got you down. You’re all set and approved for the 15th.
@HannahL you’re all set as well- thx for submitting your project and completing all the onboarding. I’ll see you on Wed at the team leader lunch.
@RubenR you’re approved as well.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event on Saturday.

Hello everybody,
I am Fatih an electronics engineer, economics researcher and a Star Trek TOS fan (yes at 2023). I live in Lisboa for one year and l love cooking and coding. I suck at small talks and looking for a community where people talk about and works on meaningfull projects.

1 Like

Thanks Fatih, you’re all set. See you at the event on Saturday :vulcan_salute:

Hi! :slight_smile:

I am Chelsea, originally from Johannesburg, South Africa. I am currently living in Lisbon and finishing my masters degree at the technical university of Munich remotely. I am specializing in mathematics and computer science with an application in the analysis of gene sequencing data :dna:

Causes that I aspire to work on include poverty alleviation, easy access to resources promoting mental and physical health as well as sustainable cities and communities :slight_smile:

I am here in the hopes of finding like minded people that I can partner with to tackle difficult problems and work together towards finding novel solutions. I hope to gain knowledge and expertise that will place me in a better position to make a difference

1 Like

Thanks @Chelsea you’re all set and we’ll see you on Saturday!

What is your name?

My name is Tomide

Where are you from and where do you live now?

I’m from Nigeria, and I’ve been living in Lisbon for a year now.

What do you do professionally?

I’m a software engineer, who has built websites, apps, and other products.

What types of causes do you value most?

I value causes that empower individuals from marginalised communities to build economic power.

What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?

I hope to meet like minds, and contribute my small effort to global good. I found the project through the saturday hackathon.

1 Like

nice @Tomide you’re all set. Looking forward to meeting you Saturday.

If you want to propose a project (and this goes for everyone) please submit it here before Saturday. I’m doing a lunch tomorrow (Wednesday) with the current team leaders and I’ll be inviting anyone who has an approved project before 10am tomorrow to that. cheers.

Hello guys my name is Mira, I’m originally from Bulgaria, lives most of my life in Prague Czechia and since almost a year in beautiful Lisbon.
I’m a Digital Transformation Project Manager with back ground in operations management, people management and development and sales . I’m exited and looking for causes that can make difference for us as humans and for our beloved planet. I’m exited to connect to get connected to like-minded people, have some creative discussions and work, design with a team something diffrnet and hopefully impactful and learn in the process. Very much looking forward to Saturday

1 Like

Thanks @Mira_VM you’re all set for Saturday. See you then!

• What is your name?
    Bom dia! My name is Andre.

I’m from Washington, DC and currently live in Carcavelos, Portugal.

I’ve spent most of my career in data analysis and finance roles and I’m currently creating a portfolio of web applications using no-code tools.

Poverty, hunger, inequality

In the US, I typically volunteer about 100 hours a year. Since moving to Portugal, I’ve been seeking ways to continue volunteering.

1 Like

thanks @Andre you’re all set. Looking forward to meeting you at the event on Saturday.

• What is your name?
    Hello, my name is Filipe!

I’m Portuguese, and I’ve lived most of my life in Portugal.

Currently, I’m unemployed and attending 42 Lisbon to try and change that. But my work background has been mostly as a waiter.

Mental health, online privacy and security.

• What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project
    I hope I’ll be able to meet like minds and hopefully be able to contribute to this project and learn something new from it.

1 Like
  • What is your name?
    Hello, my name is Oussama!
    I’m moroccan, and live in Lisbon for most 2 years.
    Currently, I’m mechanical engineer i work also as a freelancer full stack developer .
    Education, sustainability.
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project
    I hope to meet people with the same vision as mine and hopefully be able to contribute insideof the community.
1 Like

@Filipe & @Oussama thanks for completing the onboarding steps. I have you both down on the waitlist for Saturday as we’re now at capacity. If anyone cancels I will notify you guys in the order of application.
We still have plenty of spots for next Saturday’s Buildathon and @Oussama you’re now approved for that. Hopefully see you guys soon.

What is your name?
Hello, my name is Yuliya!
Where are you from and where do you live now?
Made in Belarus, half-Polish, lived all over the world, heart belongs to South Africa.
What do you do professionally?
I work as a QA for a video and photo app, Mega-Events Manager in the past, currently doing UX/UI Ironhack Bootcamp
What types of causes do you value most?
Interested in various causes.
What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project
As a UX/UI student I am looking for as much as possible real case scenarios to practice what I´ve learnt. Also want to meet like-minded people and network.

1 Like

Thanks @Yuliya I have you on the waitlist for tomorrow and will let you know if a spot opens up. Feel free to come by at 3pm and serve as a feedback volunteer or join us next weekend at the Buildathon.