Introductions: tell us about yourself

Yup, go here and click on the Ideathon event.
Then click on each of these two items on your checklist:

I can’t publish those links here directly because they’re unique to you but once you’ve completed both of those then you’re done and you’ll soon get an approval code. lmk

Hiii Guys

I’m Raquel from Amazon Brazil living in Lisbon, I’m working as Service Designer in a Textile company.
I like climate and sustainability causes. I love to apply empathy techniques and interaction design like co-creation.
I hope to have fun helping others to find the best solution.

1 Like

Hey @Raquel you’re all set. See you Saturday!

1 Like

I did it! But it says that I was accepted for October… I thought I was able to start already in September :pleading_face:

Can you check this info, please?

Yup you’re approved for both @SaraNucifora. See you soon.

1 Like

What is your name?
Alexandra Gomes

Where are you from and where do you live now?

I am from Portugal, been here all my life, currently living in Lisbon, Portugal

What do you do professionally?

I work in a bank in operations for the most importante portuguese companies but I what to change scenarios. I am a lawyer but never praticed, made a career change to UX/UI and I'm eager to learn from the best there are. 

What types of causes do you value most?

Political to correct injustice; environmental, job markets, equality, mental health . 

What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?

I want to learn and contribute to help others, meet new people specially in the area of UX/UI, Development, arts, creators. Have been all my life unhappy with doing only administrative tasks now I need to change everything :) hope you can help me get started! Also, would like to put my new skills to the test, they are very new buit if we don't get a chance to new people, they will never get to start right?
1 Like

Hello again! Can you please provide de server link for Discord? I’m not in yet. And through the website I couldn’t get it. Thanks

• What is your name?
    Whitney Craven
  • Where are you from and where do you live now?
    Atlanta, GA USA and I live in downtown Lisbon, PT now
  • What do you do professionally?
    Go-to-market advisor and fractional Chief Strategy Officer (heavy focus on product marketing)
  • What types of causes do you value most?
    Climate impact, saving animals (particularly those at risk for extinction), preserving biodiversity, combatting food waste and dangerous agricultural practices
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
    I want to co-create inventive solutions and position the solutions for effective market adoption and continued investment… also here to meet cool people!
2 Likes

@AlexandraGomes & @Whitney_Craven you guys are all set. See you Saturday!

@SaraNucifora I can’t post the Discord link publicly because we get a bunch of spam bots but it’s on your checklist. I also just sent it to you via email. lmk

Hi all :slight_smile:

• What is your name? Marta
  • Where are you from and where do you live now? Im originally from Madrid but I live in Lisbon since 5 years
  • What do you do professionally? Now Im trying to enter into the tech sector as a UXUI designer. Used to be a photographer and also worked in customer support areas.
  • What types of causes do you value most? Social equality
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project? I would love to know more people with similar interests and also participate in a Hackaton to built ideas

See you on Saturday!

1 Like

Hey, I am Meikel, from Portugal/Germany, currently living in Lisbon. I would say my profession is being a innovation enthusiast and venture builder. I think the most relevant causes are around social impact, creating more equality. I am most and foremost looking for a platform where I can exchange ideas and meet people to eventually bring them to life.
Looking forward!

1 Like

Introduce yourself to the community:

• What is your name?
    Gaurav Chan
    Lisbon
    Software Engineer, Product Manager
    Mental Health, Wellbeing
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
    Michelle and Sofi spoke highly of it!
  • What is your name? Gabriela Vieira da Silva
  • Where are you from and where do you live now? I’m From São Paulo - Brazil, currently living in Póvoa de Santa Iria, Lisbon - Portugal.
  • What do you do professionally? I work as UI UX Designer.
  • What types of causes do you value most? Since my first graduation is in Biology I tend to like more the related causes, though, I’d like to participate in all causes to learn and to be out of my “confort zone”.
  • What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project? Being a designer is a new profession to me (± 3 years) so I’d like to improve professionaly and also as a person. It would be amazing to feel that my knowledge and will power somehow contribute to the improvement the environment, the society or even people’s lives.
1 Like

Welcome @GabrielaVdS and thanks for completing the onboarding steps. You’re all set. Looking forward to meeting you next Saturday.

1 Like

What is your name?
Darius Pirvulescu

Where are you from and where do you live now?
From Transylvania, living in Lisbon

What do you do professionally?
I work as a backend developer at FNZ. I am building my skills and getting involved in some awesome projects

What types of causes do you value most?
Climate change, mental health, agriculture and food safety

What brings you here and what do you hope to get by being involved in this project?
Meeting awesome people, contributing to positive projects, and strengthening my Lisbon community

1 Like

Great @Darius you’re all set. See you Saturday. FYI if you’re free Thurs afternoon I’m likely going to run a Coworking session for those who want to pow-wow in advance of the Buildathon. Will post it to the site and in Discord if/when I get confirmation from both project leaders.

1 Like

Hey guys :wave: André Casal here.

I’m originally from Aveiro, grew up in Madeira Island (a Portuguese island to the coast of Africa), and Lisbon is my home base :smile:

I’m an entrepreneur and software engineer creating tools for full-stack web developers. You can check out a little about myself here. Everything you see was made by myself (copy, assets, layout, design), so I have a somewhat diverse skillset.

I make a living teaching college students computer engineering-related subjects (math, hardware, software), mentor full-stack web developers and technical entrepreneurs, and sell knowledge and tools to software engineers. I openly share knowledge on X (Twitter) and my newsletter.

The causes I value the most are:

• Improving people’s mental life quality
  • Improving people’s health
  • Quantified self
  • Sustainable Energy

I’d love to see how I could contribute my skillset to help solve real-world problems.

1 Like

Great to have you here @andrecasal are you coming tomorrow morning to the Buildathon? Registration is open I think for another hour. Lmk

• What is your name?
    Hi, I’, Gustavo!
    I’, from Brazil, based in Lisbon
    I’m a Digital Product Designer
    Fight agains inequality and racism
    I love contributing with social projects and I think this kind of events are great opportunities to meet amazing people and learn from each other.
1 Like

Carolina.

I’m from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, but I’ve lived in Lisbon since 2020.

Since 2010, I’ve been working in content research, content production and audiovisual production. Recently, I migrated to UX. I currently work as a UX researcher.

Equal opportunities, social and educational development, the promotion of local culture, entrepreneurship and sustainability.

In Rio de Janeiro, I studied and worked on cultural projects aimed at social and economic development, especially for the most disadvantaged population. I’ve been trying to participate in projects with this purpose in Portugal, to contribute to the community, to apply my experience, and to integrate more and learn from other people’s experiences.

1 Like